Pampering Mom on Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is just around the corner. It’s the time of year we can show mom just how much we love and appreciate her. I’ve put together some creative ways to show Mom just how much she is loved on her special day:
- Breakfast in Bed: As kids get older, they love to make things for Mom. Nothing is more special than making a memory! Mother’s Day morning, surprise Mom in bed with her favorite breakfast foods. Bring up family photos to share and talk about special moments of family times spent together.
- Plant a Garden: What Mom doesn’t love to use fresh ingredients in her meals? Even if you have a small space, you can plant a special garden for Mom to enjoy. Consider using a beautiful planter with ingredients to make her own special salsa. Include items like sweet peppers, jalapenos, onions, Chile peppers, cilantro, and tomatoes. Not only will planting the garden together be memorable, but every time she gathers ingredients from the garden she will be reminded of the time spent tighter as a family.
- Spa Day: Set the mood for a nice relaxing day for Mom. Let her know how much you appreciate her by creating a family spa experience. Light candles in her favorite scent to set the mood. Play some of her favorite songs in the back ground. Start the experience with stretching or yoga to loosen up her muscles. Have a fruit smoothie ready for her when she is done. Fill a basin with warm water to soak her feet, give her a hand massage then paint her nails. While her polish is drying slip some cucumbers on her eyes while her egg white/yogurt (2 egg whites combined with 2 T plain Greek yogurt) facial refreshes her skin. After a nice hot shower, have lunch on the patio.
- Create at Blessings Book: Cover a composition book with patterned paper. Inside, use special writing pens to jot down special memories shared with Mom or words of wisdom she has shared. Include family photos of favorite times shared together. Leave space at the back of the book for her to write down the things he is most grateful for in her life. This will be a gift she will cherish forever.
- Make a Family Video – Pretend you’re a journalist writing a story about Mom. Interview all of the kids in the family and have them share what makes their Mom so special. Be sure to include things special memories like stories she read to you, family traditions, and favorite recipes. You can also include interviews with her parents and siblings to document her success as a Mom. This will also make a sentimental family heirloom to be passed down through generations.
Don’t forget how much mom loves a homemade card from the kids or a framed picture. You can also pitch in around the house and give mom a break. Whatever you decide to do for mom, it will be appreciated!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Daddy Nickell, father of 7, founder of Daddyscrubs.com and the Daddyscrubs parenting blog.