Fun & Unique Father’s Day Gifts
Father’s Day is the time of year where we celebrate the most important man in your family—good ol’ Dad. As you head out to find your dad a meaningful and extra special gift that shows him just how much you love him, why not think ‘out-of-the-socks’? How about going for something more unique and memorable? As a father to 7 kids, I’ve seen my fair share of Father’s Day gifts, and that does mean a lot of ties and socks but I’ve also been given some amazing ones. Dad always appreciates anything you give him, but something he loves is even better. Here are a few ideas to show your dad he’s #1 to your family:
- Putt Putt Golf Outing with the family followed by ice cream
- Family Day at a baseball or semi/professional soccer game (give him the official jersey to go along with the game you’re going, as well!).
- Plan a family outing doing dad’s favorite activity or bobby such as golfing, fishing, or boating (maybe rent a pontoon for the family and bring picnic along and fishing poles, etc.).
- Don’t skip the tie, just make it special by ordering tie designed by the kids
- What dad couldn’t use a new key ring? Get him a “#1 Dad: or “My Dad Rocks” key ring with the kids’ names engraved on the back
- It’s okay for dad to wear some bling when it’s a cool dog tag necklace featuring his kids’ names and birthdates
- Track down dad’s favorite baseball or football card, comic book or magazine from an important time (childhood, his birthdate, a rare collector’s item)
- Give dad the experience of doing something he’s always wanted to do like the race car lesson/experience, rock climbing with a pro, diving/snorkeling lessons, or airplane flying lessons. It’s living out a dream while also giving a super memorable gift.
- Sign him up for a beer or wine of the month club and throw in some personalized pub glasses, too.
- Give him a collection of his top 5 movies, but not just any movies, get them in hi definition/blue ray.
- Make a homemade video for him with the kids dancing, playing instruments, reading a poem for dad they wrote, etc.
- Give him an autographed photo of his favorite sports star or actor. It will go well in his man cave!
Happy Father’s Day!
Parenting Expert and father of 7, Daddy Nickell, is founder of Daddy & Co. and the Daily Daddy Blog. He is also the creator and producer of “My Life as a Dad,” a new web series showcasing celebrity fathers and their personal experiences and parenting tips.