Here are some really fun tips from THE MAIDS to get your little ones involved in cleaning:
- Don’t expect kids to use adult tools to clean, instead create supplies that are kid-friendly. Use an ice-cream pail for mopping chores or shorten an old mop handle or broom to make it kid-sized.
- Fill a squirt gun from a solution of a gallon of water and a drop of dish soap. Let kids squirt windows and mirrors and wipe dry with paper towels. Leaves glass clean and streak free!
- Cover kids’ hands and arms with dad’s old athletic socks then squirt the socks until lightly damp with a safe solution of vinegar and water. Send them off to dust around the house.
- Got a pile of blocks or action figures strewn on the floor? Scoop up toys in a few swoops using a kid-sized leaf rake to form a pile for easy pick-up.
- Make cleaning a game; give young kids grill tongs and challenge them to pick up toys and put them in a toy box or bin only using the utensils. Keep score and see who wins!
- Don’t forget the fun music to help your kids get a groove on as they boogie around the house cleaning.
THE MAIDS, founded in 1979, is a premier residential cleaning service in the U.S. and Canada. Rated as the fastest-growing residential cleaning franchise in Entrepreneur magazine for four years, THE MAIDS is one of the oldest and largest residential cleaning franchisers, serving over 40 states and three provinces in North America. For more information, visit THE MAIDS’ web site at www.maids.com or call 1-800-THE-MAIDS