Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
One of the yummiest outcomes of pumpkin carving are using the seeds as a snack!
This year I bought extra large pumpkins for more seeds – we couldn’t get enough last Halloween.
Here’s how to make them*:
1. Remove the seeds from the pumpkin. Place in a bowl of water and try to remove all of the pumpkin from the seeds.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°.
3. In a saucepan put 4 cups of water, 1 tbsp of salt and 1 cup of raw pumpkin seeds. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove seeds from water and dry on paper towel. The spices won’t stick if they’re wet.
5. Toss the seeds in olive oil and a pinch of salt.
6. Place the seeds on a lined baking sheet and spread them out so they’re not on top of each other. Roast for 10 minutes, or until brown.
7. Remove from oven and mix in the spices of your choice. My favourites: plain salt, parmasean cheese and garlic, and paprika.
8. Roast for another 5 minutes.
*Recipe adapted from here.