Avocado, Kale and Quinoa Salad
Recipe via Avocados From Mexico
- 2 large Avocados from Mexico, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa or rice
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon balsamic vinegar
- Zest of one medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 2 cobs of corn, husked, boiled and grilled
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
- Keeping the pan covered, let stand for 5 minutes or until the remaining water is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels away from the husk.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked quinoa, kale, black beans, corn and avocado. Toss with the dressing, and serve at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.
Find the original recipe here.