Club Med Sandpiper Florida
1. The “Oh Baby – Club Med” contest is organized by Club Med Sales Canada inc. (hereafter known as “contest organizer”). This contest will run in Canada, from July 16, 2012 at 9:00 am to September 21, 2012 at 23:59 pm (EST), (hereafter known as “duration of contest”).
2. This contest is open to all residents of Canada having reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, excluding employees, agents and representatives of the contest, Club Med, Oh Baby! Magazine and their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, parent companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, the suppliers of the prizes, products or services related to this contest, or any other party directly related to the conduct of this Contest and members of their immediate family (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children), their legal or common law spouse and all persons with whom these employees, representatives and agents reside. One entry, per person, per day.
At the end of the contest, there will be a random draw from all the entries received for the grand prize. The grand prize (approximate value of $5,000) includes a 1 week trip for four (4), two (2) adults and two (2) children 15 years old or younger, for the any of the following Club Med resort: Sandpiper Bay, Florida.
Availability is subject to capacity restrictions. If the winner would want to add to add 2 other adults, he will need to pay the difference.
3. The trip include:
- 7 consecutive nights, all-inclusive package standard room,
- Meals, snacking and drinks included in the traditional Club Med all-inclusive package
- Activities included in the traditional Club Med all-inclusive package
4. The trip does not include
- Flights and transfers;
- Cost of passport, tourist cards, vaccination certificates and visas;
- Excess baggage charges;
- Any sales or Goods and Services Tax and any similar tax, if applicable;
- Airport improvements fees or any fuel surcharges or other additional costs
- levied by the air carrier in connection with the flights;
- Travel insurance;
- Transfers from winner’s home to airport for both ends of roundtrip;
- Personal expenses;
- Optional excursions.
5. The winner may be accompanied by up to 3 guests (1 adult and 2 children up to 15 years old) and must respect the admissibility criteria of the Club Med resort. The winner must register the names of all guests at the time of reservation. The grand prize of the 7 nights stay is valid for one winner only, and must be used before September 21, 2013. If there is no availability at the chosen resort, the contest organizer reserves the right to impose another destination among other Club Med destinations based on availability.
HOW TO CLAIM THE GRAND PRIZE
6. Before being declared winner of the grand prize and before redeeming the grand prize, the person whose entry was drawn at random must:
- be contacted via email by the contest organizer with 5 business days following the draw;
- sign a declaration and exoneration of responsibility form (hereafter: declaration form) that will be provided by the contest organizer and must be returned to the organizer within 5 business days of its receipt.
- be able to produce proof of identity (accompanied by a photo) at the time the prize is claimed. The winner will have 30 days to claim the prize.
7. If the conditions mentioned above or any conditions under this regulation are not respected, the entry of the person who has been selected for the prize will be declared void. In such a case, another draw will be conducted from all eligible entries until the prize is actually awarded.
8. Electronic entry forms and declaration forms (the documents) are subject to verification by the contest organizer. Any document that is incomplete, fraudulent, sent in late or non compliant will be rejected.
9. The prize must be accepted as described in these regulations and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash.
10. Reservations will be accepted based on availability at the time of the reservation and will only be confirmed six (6) weeks prior to the requested departure. Reservations cannot be combined with any other promotions.
11. Travel must be completed by September 20, 2013
12. The trips may not be taken in whole or in part during the following periods: Christmas, New Year’s Day, Easter, Spring Break and the Construction Holidays.
13. In the event that the winner cannot travel in within the year for reasons that are not due to the contest organizer, this unused stay will be forfeited and can not be transferred to another year.
14. Reservations and arrangements related to the trip must be made by contacting Club Med’s promotion department at (514) 937-1428 extension 425480, by the contest winner only, without exception. The winner must identify himself/herself as the winner of the “Oh Baby Magazine – Club Med” Contest and send by fax or e-mail the letter of discharge awarded at the end of the draw.
15. In case the organizer, for reasons unrelated to the winner, cannot award the prize (or a portion of the prize) as stated in the rules, the organizer reserves the right to offer a prize (or a portion of a prize ) of the same nature and equivalent value.
16. The winner releases the contest organizer, its subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies, their employees, representatives and agents from any responsibility whatsoever for damages of any nature that could result from the acceptance or use of the prize.
17. The contest organizer, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents disclaim all liability for the malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communication line, relating to the loss or absence of a communication network or relating to any failed, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission by any computer or any network which may limit or prevent the possibility of any person from participating in the contest.
18. The contest organizer, its advertising and promotional agencies, their employees officers, directors, representatives and agents also disclaim any liability for any damage or loss that may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Internet page or of any software and by the transmission of any information relating to contest participation. The contest organizer is not responsible for damages caused to a user’s system following his/her participation in the contest or the downloading of the information necessary to participate in the contest.
19. The winner and his/her guests release the contest organizer, its subsidiaries, franchises, parent companies, affiliates, their employees, agents and representatives of any liability regarding any damage of any nature, including but not limited to, resulting from an accident, injury, death, loss or delay or loss of baggage or personal articles, delay, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, upset, disappointment, anxiety or frustration, whether physical or mental, that they could suffer as a result of accepting or using the prize. In order to be declared a winner, the person undertakes to sign a declaration form.
20. Those persons for whose benefit this contest is being held assume no responsibility of any nature whatsoever in every case where their inability to act would result from an event or situation beyond their control, the malfunctioning of any line of communication, or of a strike, lockout, or any other workplace conflict at their place of business or in the places of business of organizations and companies whose services are being used for the holding of this contest.
21. As soon as reservations are made, there are no possibilities of cancellation or change in dates. Also, the names of all traveling parties may not be changed. In the case of cancellation, for whatever reason, the trip cannot be put off to another date.
22. No compensation will be given should the trip or any elements related to the trip be cancelled for any reason beyond the control of the organizers (natural disasters, weather, riots, political situations that may endanger the lives of all traveling parties, strikes, bankruptcy or other) and where the organizers’ contractual obligations with their suppliers do not allow them to obtain reimbursement for sums paid to suppliers in the name of the winner.
23. Those persons for whose benefit this contest is being held assume no responsibility of any nature whatsoever in every case where their inability to act would result from an event or situation beyond their control, the malfunctioning of any line of communication, or of a strike, lockout, or any other workplace conflict at their place of business or in the places of business of organizations and companies whose services are being used for the holding of this contest.
24. All conditions for wholesalers and participating partners are applicable. For terms and conditions or your Club Med vacations, please refer to conditions already mentioned and to the Club Med Canada brochure currently in force.
25. By entering or trying to enter this contest, all persons release the contest organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, their employees, agents and representatives of any responsibility whatsoever for any damage they could suffer from entering or attempting to enter the contest.
26. The contest organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case where an event or any human intervention could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the contest as foreseen in these Rules, subject to approval from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. In every case, the contest organizer, its affiliated companies and advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this contest as well as their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives cannot be held responsible for awarding more prizes than the one indicated in these rules and regulations or awarding a prize otherwise than in compliance with these rules and regulations.
27. By entering this contest, winner authorizes the contest organizer and its representatives to use, at their discretion, their name, photograph, image, likeness, declarations related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes related to this contest or in relation to Club Med’s activities related to this contest, in any media, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, and this, without remuneration whatsoever.
28. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with participants in the context of this contest except as provided for under these rules or at the contest organizer’s initiative.
29. All decisions of the contest organizer and its representatives regarding this contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
30. For the purpose of these rules and regulations, the participant is the person whose personal information appears on the electronic entry form.
31. For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
33. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations.
34. Should a paragraph of these rules and regulations be declared illegal, unenforceable or null and void by any court having jurisdiction on the matter, then such paragraph will be considered null without affecting all other paragraphs which shall continue to apply within the limits permitted by law.