De-Clutter and Organize this January
Happy New Year. Now that the holidays are over and 2014 has firmly arrived, many of us are facing floors covered with new toys, scary credit card bills and more stuff than we know what to do with. For most, January represents an ideal time to de-clutter, organize and plan saving tactics for the next 12 months.
No one knows this better than fashion expert and ‘Mompreneur’ Isabelle Doucet. mother of two, Doucet loved to dress her kids in fashionable outfits. However, she soon grew tired of dropping a pretty penny on clothing for her children to have them out grow it after only a few wears. While watching the bins of once-loved dresses, polos and button downs, even jeans, build up in her closets and basement, she came up with a solution in the form of a new business called Minitrade.ca. Instead of sacrificing quality and style to stay within budget, she came up with the concept of buying and selling her kids clothing online. Within weeks, other moms caught on and loved the idea. What better way to clean out cluttered closets, save money and keep your kids looking great in clothes that actually fit! It’s the trifecta of what every parent wants – savings, style and space!
Today, there are more than 6,000 active members across Canada, new products are available on a daily basis and include all the brands you love; from Gap and Gymboree to Zara and Gagau Tagau.
This January, Isabelle is urging parents to get the New Year off on the right foot.
- Make yourself a nice cup of coffee or tea and sort one bin, drawer or closet at a time.
- Pull out any once-loved items that’s still in great condition and likely cost you more than you wanted but HAD to get it because it was ‘oh so cute’. We’re all guilty of this! It’s ok!
- Sort any holiday gifts that may not be the right size and that didn’t come with price tags or gift receipts (it DOES happen)
- Register online at Minitrade.ca and within two days, you’ll have a pre-paid postage bag at your front door.
- Place the items in the bag.
- Send it off.
- Get credits to your account and start your ‘free’ shopping.
Happy Free Shopping! Happy De-cluttering! Happy New Year!