Stress: To be or Not to Be
As a Health Practitioner, Massage Therapist and seeker of all great things holistic; I am fully aware of the causes that can lead up to STRESS.
I educate and at times lecture to my patients, friends and family about how to detect and manage stress that may be lurking in their body, mind and spirit.
As a Woman, Friend, Sister, Girlfriend, Daughter, Grand Daughter- I seem to put the importance of helping others ahead of myself.
It came upon me one day while speaking to a friend about how “I don’t have TIME to take care of myself” …wait a minute… isn’t that exactly the excuse everyone else gives me?
I decided there and then that to achieve optimal wellness and health, I must put myself as the FIRST priority of the day.
Here Are Some Ideas I Came Up With To Put Myself First:
- Preparing good, nutritious FOOD ahead of time for meals
- Getting at least 7-8 hours of SLEEP/day
- EXERCISE every day- even if its parking far and walking more
- Drink lots and lots of WATER
- Do NOT over work-Achieving great things come in time and not by over working
- Surround yourself with people who make YOU smile
- READ a book-to get your mind off every day life
- HAVE FUN!!!