Love, chocolate & strawberries! Oh, my!
Baking with kids is great. For them. It’s not the easiest thing to do unless you are an extremely patient person. I am not that person, although Lord knows I try. In honour of Valentine’s Day I am going to share with you the easiest dessert that you can make.
Yummy chocolate covered strawberries that you can make with one of your little loves!
After all isn’t Valentine’s Day all about chocolate, love and all things red? Ok, it’s usually red roses, but you can’t eat roses (or at least I don’t) so I’ve subbed them for strawberries.
What you need:
A tray that fits in your refrigerator
1) Wash and dry your strawberries. Leave the leaves on.
2) Melt the chocolate chips as per the instructions on the packet.
3) Line your tray with wax paper.
3) Get your little one to hold the strawberries by the leaves and dip them (as far as they want to) in the melted chocolate. Make sure that the chocolate is not too hot for them, you don’t want them to freak out, or worse, burn their little fingers. If you have more than one child let them take turns dipping the strawberries.
4) Set the chocolate covered strawberry on your tray.
5) Repeat until you’ve covered all of your strawberries in chocolate and set them on your tray – not touching of course.
6) Put the tray in your refrigerator for a few hours.
There you have it: A dessert that everyone loves! Your friends and family will think you’re fancy and it was fun (and easy) to make. Most importantly, you’ve had some great bonding time with your little one(s) and they’ll be proud of what they’ve accomplished.